The Trying Times

Probably the best commentary in the world

News

Dear Anonymous

reporter: Jonathan, 22.9.06

If you wish to discuss with me how beautiful my fiance is then please feel free to do so, providing you are not hiding like a little girl behind anonymity. Just as I would not discuss things in my personal life with random strangers on the street, with unidentified callers on my telephone or unknown txters on my mobile phone, I will not discuss such things with an anonymous commenter on my blog.

5 Comments:

Turns out you're not so anonymous anyway.

reporter - Blogger Jonathan, at 3:29 pm, September 22, 2006 

any way to have IP addresses show up? ;-)

Advantage with the chat stuff - we can block IPs and nicks.

reporter - Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:14 am, September 23, 2006 

Yeah SiteMeter is very cool. For each visitor to you site it tells you which pages they entered and exited from.... which link (if any) they used to exit. Partial Ip address and also where the person's ISP is located, etc, etc

It's great!

reporter - Blogger Jonathan, at 9:14 am, September 25, 2006 

I use comments moderation. That way I can screen comments before they are seen by the public.

The down-side is that discussion can be stilted because I must be home/ at a computer to allow them through.

reporter - Blogger Scotty, at 2:16 pm, September 25, 2006 

Yeah I wouldn't do that for the reason you gave. It does stuff up the flow of comments.

I'm happy with how it's going so far with the anonymous option, meaning that people don't need to register or be a member of the blog to comment. Most people don't abuse the comments here and do leave their name. I've only had one person being stupid so far and that's just because they have personal issues with someone in my family.

It's all good

reporter - Blogger Jonathan, at 2:35 pm, September 25, 2006 

Post a Comment