The Trying Times

Probably the best commentary in the world

News

Why I know the Bible to be true

reporter: Jonathan, 17.5.04

I was thinking to myself the other day, cos I have no friends, and I thought. The basics of the bible is actually quite easy. You believe and trust in God and you live forever. And I was thinking to myself... am I being sucked into this thing. Really being a christian there is no bad outcome to life. If I have lived my life showing Christ like qualities then I when I die if I simply cease to exist, then that's not a bad thing, I would have lived well. If however the bible is true then of course there's eternal life in Glory with the God and people that I love. There doesn't seem to be a bad outcome. I don't know of any religious groups that state that if you live a good moral life you will suffer eternal punishment.

So in my ramblings to myself I thought... what if this is just a joke? In a sencs it seems so obvious to me that when I die nothing bad will happen to me if I live as a Christian. So what if someone made it up as a safe guard for people to keep them happy while they're alive?

But then it dawned on me. If it was so obvious... as it is obvious to me... why isn't everyone a christian?... The Bible is only obvious to me because I am a christian, not the other way around. It's not obvious to others because their souls are dead to it's message. Mine was made alive to the message, through the Holy Spirit, and now it makes sense to me.

Praise the Lord

0 Comments:
Post a Comment