The Trying Times

Probably the best commentary in the world

News

reporter: Jonathan, 13.6.03

Ok ok ok.... so I haven't posted for a few days. my excuse? We to be completely honest. I've been on the net each night for the last few nights and thought 'I'll go do a post'. but then decided that apart from 'Hi' or 'I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever write a post about sibbie' that there wasn't much for me to say. I Don't wanna make my blog all boring! so there's my excuse.

Ok time for the real bit of the post (yes I do have something to say today)

Well last night I was thinking... (I can do that sometimes)... I feel I really don't pray hardly enough at all. So I decided it would be good to get out my Bible and do a bit of reading about prayer. The first verse I thought of was 1 Thess 5:17 "pray without ceasing". Which of course is almost the exact opposite to how I have just descibed my prayer life... Yeah... So then I just used the little thing in the middle of the page that has other passages on the same topic. I followed that to Luke 18. The parable of the persistent widow, which teaches us to be persistent in prayer. Again another way in which my prayer life doesn't deserve a pizza. And finally I was directed (by the bit in the middle of the columns) to 1 Samuel 12:23 "As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by failing to pray for you.".... This passage really struck me. I guess I've always thought that the people who pray hard-out... They're kinda just like super-great Christians. and those that don't pray so much. Well they're just normal Christians. But that's really not true at all. By not praying as I should - without ceasing - I'm actually sinning! Maybe I'm just slow... or dumb... or both... but I had never realised that before! It's kinda scary! So there's my challenge for now... to build my prayer life... And as it says a bit earlier in 1 Thess 5 "And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle"... So hit me up about it when you next see me... see if I've been good or not. Thanks...

I'd just like to point out something that I've found to be one of the most frustrating things ever. When it's late at night, and you're just feeling right and ready to crash into your nice warm comfortable bed. You shut down the computer (if you're a geek) and head to your room (if you're not quite enough of a geek to have the computer in your room) only to find... that your bed isn't made!!!! It kinda sounds stupid. But it's happened to me a few times now. (one being last night).

Anywayz... there's my post. I hope it was worth the wait.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment